Our team has missed connecting with folks since COVID arrived, however over the last several months, we have been able to make improvements to our program offerings that allow us to once again connect with people and help to improve their quality of life.
What Has Changed?
1. Our training has gone virtual! We’ve introduced a new online MoveSafe training platform that can provide the foundational education for our learners. This training platform can be utilized for the onboarding of new employees as well as a refresher tool for those that have taken the training a while ago but want to brush up on their knowledge. We use a blend of student-led learning for the online modules which allows employees to learn at their own pace. We then complement this with a live (either via video-conferencing or in-person) training session with a MoveSafe Instructor where students are encouraged to participate in the exercises and ask questions. This method incorporates synchronous and asynchronous training, which research has shown to promote learning by engaging the employee to process the information shared through critical thinking. Our educational resources going virtual also means better access to training and education for our remote groups/workers (as long as they have internet access!).
2. Our online MoveSafe platform not only works as a training foundation, it also serves as a repository for many of our great resources, such as: video lessons, posters, handouts, infographics, exercise guides, movement break calendars, etc. The online MoveSafe platform allows employees to work at their own pace as well as access our courses and resources at any time that is convenient to them.
3. Since our principles are based on movement and posture, it is important that our attendees can see us, and that we can see them where possible. Our team has developed new studio spaces that allow us to interact and demonstrate examples while video-conferencing. Having employees demonstrate the movements helps to reinforce the principles taught in the online training sessions.
4. Our Warm-Ups and Movement Breaks have transitioned to virtual means as well. Many of our clients continue to do their daily Warm-Ups and Movement Breaks on team calls. We’ve joined in on their video-calls to help lead weekly sessions as well.
5. As the workforce settled into working from home this year, we have assisted by teaching educational webinars on ‘Working From Home’ to many groups. In addition, we’ve helped many people improve their home workstation set-ups through our Virtual Ergonomics Assessments.
What Has Remained?
At MoveSafe, our goal with training is to always provide an interactive and educational experience. We try our best to incorporate different teaching methods to facilitate different
- Auditory: we describe how the body works in a easy to understand manner
- Reading/Writing: our classes are accompanied by learning resources that our students can absorb on their own time
- Visual: we demonstrate movements and exercises, as well as show footage of industry-specific examples to help our students see the principles
- Kinaesthetic: we have our students try out the principles, guiding them on how and where movement should occur
Our desire for human interaction has also not changed. While we are making the best of our virtual interactions by investing in professional-grade technology, we anticipate that our online offerings will now augment our in-person training and reduce travel costs in the future.
What’s In Store For The Future?
At MoveSafe, we are always looking at ways to improve how we connect with people in order to provide a more lasting impact on their lives. Every collaboration with each of our clients provides us an opportunity to enhance how our programs help to improve peoples’ quality of life. Our team will be focusing on expanding our learning platforms to include more content that will be applicable to people in different industries and work settings. We are also improving access to our MoveSafe Leader support resources which are designed to help develop and maintain our program learning competencies. Look out for more program offerings geared toward specific areas of the body as well as different platforms you can see our MoveSafe exercises on!