Improve People's Quality of Life
All our services and support offerings keep this fundamental principle at our core.
The wellbeing of the individual comes first.
At MoveSafe we have a proud history of being on the leading edge of workplace musculoskeletal injury prevention and management. It all started in the early 90’s when Dave set-up his practice on-site at a large 1200 employee industrial plant. He had been treating the employees from this workplace in a clinic environment in town, but it made more sense to ‘move-in’ to the industrial environment that was producing so many musculoskeletal disorders. After learning first hand the daily challenges of both the workers and the workplace, Dave started creating the following programs and interventions to address the major issues he felt were contributing to human and financial costs of these musculoskeletal disorders:
- Participatory Ergonomics Programming that strived to improve work methods for the body as well as improve productivity. This included pioneering work in office ergonomics as desktop computers were just starting to show-up on everyone’s desk and none of the desks and chairs were designed for this new computer.
- Daily warm-up exercises and movement practice that reinforced proper postural stability and biomechanics for bending, lifting, pushing and pulling,
- Early Intervention for people with signs and symptoms of musculoskeletal disorders,
- Corrective exercise prescription to address muscle and movement imbalances for people with chronic aches and pains, and
- Appropriate workplace responses for monitored and graduated return-to-duties that allowed people to stay at work while they navigated both their work and home/lifestyle-related aches and pains.
- Be at our best to exceed client expectations.
- Emphasize our strengths while encouraging a supportive environment for personal improvement.
- Efficient collaboration and accountability for realistic goals to drive high quality work.
- Always looking for new opportunities to improve and refine our services.
- Daring to be different, pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo to create something great.
- Listen to our clients to understand their changing needs and collaborate to improve offerings.
- Work collaboratively, sharing ideas and knowledge with others in the field, to the benefit of all.
- Courage to take calculated risks and to learn from our failures.
- Creating effective and sustainable programs, supported by strong systems that integrate readily into client organizations.
- Develop and support quality people.
- Nurture long-term, collaborative client relationships.
- Having a solid business foundation that supports our vision of "improving the quality of life" of our people and our clients.
- Inspiring and motivating meaningful change through infectious energy and enthusiasm.
- Authentically embody our vision "to improve people’s quality of life".
- Taking pride in what you do and going the extra mile because you love it!
- Courage to stand up for our values and commit the client to the requirements of a high quality program.
- Champion growth in yourself and others.